We can provide a range of retirement options and we are completely independent. We do not provide investment management or advice leaving us free to help you choose the most appropriate and cost effective solution for your needs.
We can provide the following types of pension schemes:
- RATS (Retirement Annuity Trust Schemes) for local Guernsey individuals
- International Pension Schemes
- QROPS (Qualifiying Retirement Overseas Pension Schemes) – A QROPS can receive the transfer of UK Pension Benefits without incurring an unauthorised payment and scheme sanction charge. This is available for individuals who have left the UK and now reside in Guernsey and wish to move their pension arrangements offshore.
We are able to engage any investment manager or financial adviser to look after the pension investments, subject to suitability. Usually the investment manager will be discussed and chosen with input from the scheme member (the client).
A Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme (commonly known as a “RATS”) is an excellent alternative for Guernsey residents to the traditional insurance company based pension plan.
We specialise in the provision of individual RATS for Guernsey residents.
A Guernsey RATS approved by the Income Tax Office can offer the following advantages:
- Consolidation of existing pension arrangements into one scheme
- No requirement to purchase an annuity
- Receive a pension between the age of 50 and 75 with no need to have retired from employment
- Lump sum payment at retirement of up to 30%
- Unlimited contributions
- Tax relief on contributions of up to £50,000 per annum is available
- Loans of up to 30% can be taken
- Greater investment freedom than a traditional pension scheme
- Named beneficiaries receive balance of remaining funds upon death of the member
We provide the following services:
- Establishment of an individual RATS
- Provision of an independent trustee
- Obtain Guernsey Income Tax approval
- Arrange for the transfer of existing pension schemes
- Set up of RATS bank account / investment account
- Quarterly valuations
- Annual accounts
- Appointment of investment advisor or manager (we do not provide investment advice)